SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY CLICKING AN AD. THANKS!

Monday, September 7, 2009

Shawne Merriman and Tila Tequila?






I know these players are young and living the life, but even for a 25 year-old it's probably not the wisest idea to be hanging out with a hammered Tila Tequila at your house at 3:45 AM before the start of what many think is your franchise's best shot at a Super Bowl. Probably not a good idea when you're rehabbing back from a severe knee injury and illegal substance accusations in the last year of your contract and trying to prove to the NFL that you can still be a dominant force.

Shawne Merriman has been a great player, but I can understand why AJ Smith might let him go. I doubt any of the Patriots or Steelers are out this week getting involved in this kind of insanity.
Maybe his hubris will be his downfall. I can party, be a rock star and one of the best players in the NFL on my way to the Super Bowl. No you can't. I can play through a knee injury and heal myself through my superhuman will. No you can't.

Hopefully, Merriman's story, that he was simply trying to restrain Ms. Tequila from driving drunk, turns out to be true. But whatever the outcome, he needs to rethink who he's hanging out with during the season. People thought Jessica Simpson was bad for Tony Romo? She's June Cleaver next to Tila.


No comments:

Post a Comment